Monday, September 25, 2006

Guitar Hero 2006 Wrap-Up

Wow, what a weekend! First of all, congratulations to all the finalists, and to Trey Alexander, Guitar Player's Guitar Hero for 2006! Trey's performance was phenomenal, and he is one of the most genuine, down-to-earth guys I've had the pleasure of meeting.

I didn't envy the judges at all, because all of the performances were stellar in their own right. First runner-up went to Patrick Woods, the only contestant to play on an acoustic. And I have to say, I've never seen anyone play an acoustic guitar the way he did--it was certainly a sight to see. Third place went to "Superman" David Powers (you'll get it when you see the videos;), who grabbed the crowd from the moment he stepped onstage until the final notes of his song rang out. Again though, all 10 of these guys were simply amazing, and I don't know how the judges were able to make their choices.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone at Guitar Player for being such gracious hosts, as well as the guys from Hughes & Kettner and everyone else I met over the weekend. I can't wait to get some videos up for the HC community so you can catch a glimpse of this great event! The house band alone was worth the drive, and combined with hearing 10 of the world's finest players do their thing, it's a night I'll never forget.

I highly suggest you check out the music of each of these guys:
Trey Alexander
Patrick Woods
David Powers
Ron LoCurto
Joe Cefalu
Ed Degenaro
Joshua Karickhoff
Nathan Hahn
Sergei Roudzinski
Anton Tsygankov

No comments: